Admissions to Tolles for 19-20
Students at Tolles’ 11 associate high schools have the opportunity to attend our career-technical programs, an extension of the learning experience within your school district. This can be done in a half-day or full-day schedule. To enroll, students must meet the following admissions guidelines:
- Age: students must be 16 by October 1st of the 2019-2020 school year
- (Students who meet all other requirements, but don’t meet the age requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis).
- Residency: students must reside within one of our seven associate school districts.
- Credits: students who have completed one (1) or two (2) years of full-time enrollment in an approved high school curriculum, must have earned eight (8) overall credits prior to starting at Tolles, with a minimum of six (6) of those credits, including Algebra I or equivalent, being within the Ohio Core Credits. Students who have completed three (3) years of full-time enrollment in an approved high school curriculum, must have earned ten (10) overall credits prior to entering Tolles, with a minimum of eight (8) of those credits, including Algebra I or equivalent, being within the Ohio Core Credits. Ohio Core Credits include all academic courses specified as Ohio minimum graduation requirements.
- Confirmation Letter: students must receive a Confirmation of Acceptance Letter, notifying them a seat has been secured within their Primary Program of Choice.
Students are required to complete our online application system. The online application is simple and brief, but students must:
- Have a parent/guardian or counselor/transition coordinator present to complete the application;
- Select only ONE (1) Program of Choice;
- Complete additional paperwork (copy of social security card, driver’s license or another form of I.D.) in order to process an application for Cosmetology program.
Tolles is accepting applications beginning Dec. 6, 2018, during Open House & First Chance Application Night on campus. This will be the first opportunity to apply.
While Tolles accepts applications on a rolling basis, students are encouraged to apply within the Priority Enrollment period of Dec. 6, 2018-Jan. 20, 2019. This will increase your chances of being enrolled if you meet qualifications, and it will also allow you to plan your schedule in February with your counselor after you receive notification of acceptance. Students are strongly encouraged to apply as early as possible as there are only 25 spots available per program.
If a student lacks or is currently not enrolled to meet the required number of earned Overall credits, Ohio Core credits and/or Primary Program of Choice prerequisites, the student must work with his/her parent/guardian, and his/her associate school counselor to enroll in the courses needed to meet credit requirements. An updated transcript, showing newly earned and/or enrolled credits must be submitted to Tolles prior to the application being processed. Please note the following:
1. Applications submitted after the Priority Application Deadline and meet a credit status in the Application Process list, will be ranked by highest-to-lowest cumulative grade point average (GPA) and processed by a date established by Tolles.
2. Applications submitted that do not meet a credit status in Application Process list will be ranked by highest-to-lowest cumulative grade point average (GPA) and processed by a date established by Tolles according to program availability.
Tolles is committed to placing students in a program that makes sense for their future. Because of this, Tolles is only allowing students to apply for a Primary Choice program. If students are not accepted into their primary choice, they will be contacted by a Tolles representative and given the option to a) change to another program (without having to re-apply) or b) remain on a waitlist. After our Priority Enrollment period, if a student changes his/her mind to enroll into another program, the student must re-apply to another program.
We encourage students to make the decision to attend Tolles for the following reasons:
- You want to get a jump start on college or career;
- You want to develop a hirable skill to help you work through college lowering student debt;
- You want to be able to work on real-life projects on a daily basis in our career-tech labs;
- You enjoy working with your hands and movement in the classroom and you are bored with desk learning;
- You want to have the opportunity to develop leadership, public speaking, teamwork, and workplace skills to prepare you for the future;
- You want to save money on college or earn a higher wage while entering the workforce;
- You want to have the opportunity to earn college credits or industry credentials while in high school.