Other Class Descriptions
Note: classes may be taken individually or as part of Program
Custom classes for specific company needs are also available.
- Welding Level 1: Learn the basic techniques of shielded metal arc welding (stick), MIG & TIG, as well as burning and cutting techniques from an AWS certified welder. This class is mostly a hands-on experience. Students must supply their own welding helmet, gloves, leather boots, safety glasses, chipper hammer, 10” vice grips, and a stainless steel wire brush
- Cost: $500/per class, plus estimated supply costs of $73.
- Total Hours: 36 at Tolles RAMTEC
- Class Dates: TBD
- Registration: Contact RAMTEC at 614-873-4666, ext. 4248 or email@example.com
Other Classes Offered
- Welding Level 2: After completion of the Basic Welding course, principles and applications will be expanded in this advanced course. It provides training on mild steel with single and multipass welds. Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. This course will help prepare you for the AWS D1.1 Structural Weld Certification* (which is internationally recognized) offered through Hobart. This course is also taught by an AWS certified Welder.
Students must supply their own welding helmet, gloves, leather boots, safety glasses, chipper hammer, 10” vice grips, and a stainless steel wire brush.
- Hobart test is $350
- Cost: $800/per class, plus estimated supply costs of $73.
- Total Hours: 60 at Tolles RAMTEC
- Class Dates: TBD
- Automotive Maintenance Course: Topics covered in this class include engine inspection, common fastener and thread repairs, thermostat inspection, coolant inspection, transmission fluid level and condition, and so much more
- Total Hours: 30 at Tolles RAMTEC
- Auto Collision Repair I and II: This course will demonstrate and train students in matters of safety for the worker in the workspace and proper hazardous material removal. Students will learn through demonstration and hands-on activities how to use the basic tools and processes of an auto collision workshop. The training will include various tools of the trade, different types of welding, dent removal and panel repair, paint preparation, paint gun operation, and primer application, and more.
- Hours: 8-week course, two days per week for 3 hours per class (total of 48 hours)
- Automotive Restoration: Join this fun class if you are interested in oldies, classics, hot rods, hammer, welding, and metalworking. Taught by a Honda R & D employee.
- Total Hours: 42.5 at Tolles RAMTEC