Captains of Industry
Students studying programs in this area at Tolles focus on planning, organizing, supporting and developing business operations.
Academy INC At the Hilliard McVey Innovative Learning Center
- Prepare for careers in the business industry, including entrepreneurship, accounting, management, marketing, and more.
- Students enrolled in Hilliard City Schools can attend this career-technical satellite program located at the McVey Innovative Learning Center.
- Students are actively involved in Business Professionals of America (BPA) and have opportunities to develop leadership and business skills through practical experiences and project-based learning activities.
- Business Management
- Finance Career Field Course
- Senior Capstone
Mrs. Lauren Killoran, Instructor
- Bureau of Labor Statistics shows an average steady growth of 15% in business-related careers through 2020.
- Students have gone on to attend Columbus State, The Ohio State University, Otterbein University, and more.
- College Credits Available
- Program housed at Hilliard City Schools’ McVey Innovative Learning Center
Discover More About The Field of Business and Entrepreneurship on their Pinterest
Dublin Business Academy At Dublin Jerome High School
- Prepare for a career in the business world, including the fields of accounting, economics, marketing, and entrepreneurship.
- Students enrolled in Dublin City Schools can enroll this career-technical satellite program housed at Dublin Jerome High School. Here, students operate an existing full-service screen-printing and design company that grosses six figures in profit annually giving students practical experience in the business, design, and entrepreneurial industry while in high school.
- Students earn a skill set in the areas of sales, graphic design, social media marketing, website management, financials, customer service, business planning and management, and more.
- Business Management
- Applied Marketing
Ms. Chelsea Burns, Instructor
- Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 11% growth of executive business careers, 12% in marketing and advertising, 13% for accounting jobs, and 8% for sales managers through 2020.
- Students continue their studies at The Ohio State University, Franklin University, Columbus State, Capital University, Miami University of Ohio, Otterbein University, and more.
Discover More About The Field of Business & Entrepreneurship on their Pinterest
Marketing & Logistics
- Prepare for careers in accounting, human resources, customer service management, marketing, logistics management, international business, purchasing and production management, warehouse operations, supply chain management, and more.
- Students learn how companies create their products and move them from the factory to the store shelf for consumers. In addition, students will gain basic business principles – marketing, accounting, current events, business management strategies, and more to prepare them for college and career.
- Students have the opportunity to compete in the Business Professionals of America, earn industry credentials while in high school, and manage and market the Tolles school store, Lift 42.
- Students have an opportunity to hear and learn about other cultures and how they impact the U.S. business environment through participation in the Columbus Council of World Affairs Global Scholars program.
- Supply Chain Management
- Marketing Management
- Logistics Management
- International Business
Mr. Steve Cawley, Instructor
- Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 34% growth in both marketing and logistics careers through 2020.
- While this is a new program, students have the opportunity to advance to the college of their choice and benefit from industry partnerships that include Kahiki, Honda North America Logistics, and DB Schenker.
- Estimated Supply/Uniform Costs: $100 or less
- Storefont: Lift42 School Store
- College Credits & Industry Credits Available