Building the Future
Students studying programs in this area at Tolles spend a majority of their time designing, planning, managing, building and performing construction activities.
- Prepare for careers in the areas of carpentry, HVAC, plumbing, electricity, contracting, and building maintenance.
- The program provides a broad oversight of the high-demand construction industry, a career pathway that is fast-growing and in need of highly skilled workers. From carpentry to electrical systems, students explore required skills to make them viable for the workforce.
- Students have the opportunity to work on real-life projects, both in their lab and in the community. They will also be able to earn industry credentials from OSHA and NCCER.
- Construction Technology
- Structural Coverings & Finishes
- Residential Electrical Systems
Mr. Jerry Newman, Instructor
- Bureau of Labor Statistics shows 25% growth in construction jobs through 2020.
- Students continue their training at Columbus State, or go to work for independent contractors and construction companies throughout Central Ohio region.
- Estimated Supply/Uniform Costs: TBD
- College Credits & Industry Credentials Available
- Storefront: Carpentry/Construction Services
Discover More About The Field of Construction on their Pinterest
Take control of your future today by applying for entrance into the Construction Technologies program area at Tolles.