Educating Our Children
Students studying programs in this area at Tolles spend the majority of their time planning, managing and providing education and training services and learning related support services.
Academy EDU At McVey Innovative Learning Center
- Prepare for careers as a Pre-K, kindergarten, elementary, middle school, or high school teacher.
- Students enrolled in Hilliard City Schools can attend this career-technical satellite program located at the McVey Innovative Learning Center.
- With active participation in the Future Educators Association (FEA), and observation and participation in real classrooms throughout the Hilliard City School district, students develop a practical understanding of learning theory, teaching techniques, classroom management, and more.
- Teaching Professions I
- Teaching Professions II
Mr. John Riley, Instructor
- Bureau of Labor Statistics expects 12% growth in teaching careers amongst kindergarten, elementary, and middle schools, and 6% growth in high school educators through 2020.
- Students have gone on to study at Columbus State, Bowling Green State University, Miami University of Ohio, University of Cincinnati, and The Ohio State University.
- College Credits & Industry Credits Available
- Program is housed at Hilliard City Schools’ McVey Innovative Learning Center
Discover More About The Field of Education on Academy EDU’s Pinterest
Early Childhood Education
- Prepare for careers as a licensed child care provider, teacher, teaching assistant or aide, or nanny.
- Students who train in this program are given the best real-world experience: operating a state-licensed learning center and preschool, where they develop essential skills in teaching and leadership, managing toddlers and infants, and lesson planning.
- Students who have a heart and mind for children are perfect for this program that develops future early childhood educators and influences the future of children by shaping their intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development.
- Early Childhood Education I
- Early Childhood Education II
Mrs. Kelly Marquis, Instructor
- Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 31% growth in careers for preschool teachers and childcare workers through 2020.
- Graduates have gone on to study at the University of Toledo, Urbana University, The Ohio State University, Ohio University, Columbus State, and have been employed at KinderCare Learning Center, YMCA, Primrose School, and more.
- Estimated Supply/Uniform Cost: TBD
- Storefront: Tolles Preschool
- College Credits & Industry Credentials Available