Students attending the Tolles campus will be participating in our upcoming school-wide Professional Experience Days. Professional Experience Days are an opportunity for Tolles students to participate in a variety of individualized, student-chosen, off-site experiences. During these days, instead of being on-campus and in the classroom, students have the opportunity to spend two days participating in career exploration and work-based learning options available to them.
These assignments are designed to be completed on Monday, November 20, 2017, and Tuesday, November 21, 2017, in lieu of reporting to Tolles. Students have the option to select which assignment is completed on each day. These include:
- Assisting in lab during Sophomore Visit Days (must be invited by instructor)
- College visitation
- Military visitation
- Job shadowing
- Job placement
- Job interview
- Business/industry tour
- Service learning project
- Online course: Job Search Skills-Preparing Your Resume and Cover Letter
It is important to note that these are required school days and the students are entrusted to make the arrangements and follow through on this educationally enriching opportunity. If students do not participate, it will count as an absence on their attendance record.
Here’s how it all works:
1. Students, working in conjunction with their teachers, make connections with local employers, prospective colleges/universities or military recruiters and make arrangements for each day’s activities.
2. Once the arrangements are made, the student will fill out the STUDENT ASSIGNMENT SELECTION FORM and have the parent/guardian and student signature lines signed and turned into their Career-Technical Program Instructor no later than November 15, 2017.
3. Students will need to arrange transportation for these days and be sure that they are dressed appropriately for their selections. We want our students to represent themselves and the school in a positive manner.
4. The next step is making sure students have verification of their Professional Experience Days visits to ensure school attendance. The students are required to have an authorized person verify each day’s activities on the POST-EXPERIENCE VERIFICATION FORM. This form needs to be returned by the student to their Career-Technical Program Instructor no later than Tuesday, November 28, 2017. If this form is not returned by this date, we will not be able to count the student present for those days.