Job title: Facilities Manager, Senior – Silfex
Location: Springfield, OH 45502
Description: Plans, directs, and coordinates activities and projects concerned with the design, planning, construction, and maintenance of equipment, machinery, building and other facilities. Provides technical expertise and project management for various non-facilities undertakings as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Display a positive attitude and strong work ethics that reflect the Mission and Core Values of Silfex.
• Provide strategic leadership, and align facilities management with Silfex’s overall business strategy. Develop, refine and manage to the facilities and maintenance annual budget and KPI’s.
• Direct the daily operations of the Facilities team. Manage a team of engineers, supervisors and technicians to achieve departmental goals via appropriate allocation of work load and effective resource management.
• Oversees Facilities and Maintenance staff and service contractors focused on installing, maintaining and improving mechanical, electrical, instrumentation/controls, and life safety systems for a large manufacturing facility. Act as primary company liaison with architectural, HVAC/Mechanical, electrical, and construction resources, communicating company requirements.
• Manages Computerize Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to track equipment performance. Analyzes equipment performance data and develops focused projects to reduce unplanned downtime by implementing Preventive and Predictive Maintenance programs.
• Responsible for implementation and oversight of the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) program.
• Identify and drive business/process improvements that reduce waste and continually improve the quality of operations. Apply engineering knowledge, solicit input from operators, and confer with vendors and contractors to provide best in class solutions.
• Oversees and/or executes Capital Improvement projects including machine installation, renovation and expansion. Develops and maintains a five year plan for the Facility based new process requirements and maintenance planning.
• Initiates and maintains the Facilities Capital list including recommendations for equipment replacements.
• Designs and coordinates plant layout including machine placement, utilities, and provision for future growth working closely with manufacturing departments and senior management.
• Recruits, hires, trains staff, evaluates employee performance, and recommends or initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
• Reviews building designs and monitors progress of projects.
• Determines feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors. Oversee commissioning and testing of newly installed equipment/machinery ensuring vendor fulfillment of contract specifications.
• Confers with internal and resources to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Silfex Manufacturing System and the Quality Management System and properly apply Quality Procedures and Operating Procedures as appropriate.
• Perform all work related tasks in a safe manner and report any unsafe conditions to Silfex management.
• Perform tasks/duties related to special projects or assignments.
• Perform other duties as assigned by department management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline (B. S.) and/or equivalent experience. PE preferred but not required.
• Demonstrated extensive knowledge and experience in facilities design, facilities operations, construction, and equipment installation in a large manufacturing operation.
• At least five years of experience leading engineers and technicians, as well as managing a diverse group of external contractors.
• Demonstrated experience driving and maintaining a zero accident safety culture.
• Demonstrated experience implementing various manufacturing improvements including 5S, TPM, SMED and Lean principles.
• Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills required.
• Ability to utilize computer applications such as; AutoCAD, Word processing, Spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Manufacturing software, and Database software.
• Must be familiar with all equipment in the facility.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee regularly is required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/gs4y35r7qcsqrd5v